Are you looking for something tasty, spicy, and perfect sides for a feast? Then you can go for southern fried pork chops.
Southern fried pork chops are juicy, yummy, and simple. These bone-in pork chops are made with a buttermilk brine, dredged in seasoned flour, then fried to perfection!
If you are looking for something spicy and salty, then Southern Fried pork chops will be the best option.
Pepper and salt are added as seasons, and are the best option to serve as lunch, dinner, or even alongside the chicken. you can go for mashed potatoes or roasted carrots to complete the meal. You can also go for seasonal salt to add extra flavor.
Now, I get your excitement to know the Southern fried pork chops recipe. Let me break it for you all, but stay with us through the article to get a new, exciting, simple yet delecious recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Falling in love is a risky thing, either with humans or food. You may ask me what makes us love your recipe. Here are my magical mantras to make you all fall in love with southern fried pork chops.
- You can customize the flavor based on your taste.
- You can cook easily in simple steps within 10 minutes.
- You can cook with easily available ingredients in your kitchen.
- You can have it for brunch, lunch, or night meals. You will find a new midnight meal for your cravings.
Read More: Pork Steamed Rice Dim Sum Style Recipe
By now, you might be eager to know how to prepare southern fried pork chops. I won’t keep the suspense more, firstly let me reveal the ingredients required to prepare it.
- Pork chops: Ensure you get a good quality pork chop. It is advisable to get bone-in pork chops. Please feel free to use whichever you get. We prefer thin pork chops.
- Oil: we prefer to use vegetable oil or peanut oil to fry chops deeply at medium heat fame.
- Buttermilk: Use real buttermilk, and store it in the fridge. It brings a huge difference to the meal.
- Baking powder: Using baking powder in southern fried pork chops, helps you to make it more crunchy. Ensure you won’t forget it.
To prepare crunchy and delicious southern fried pork chops, here are the stepwise instructions.
- In the large bowl, add buttermilk brine ingredients, and mix it well.
- Add chops to the mixture and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Put vegetable oil or peanut oil into the pan, and heat the oil to 350 degrees F over medium heat. If the heat is too high and your oil is too hot, it will burn the crust.
- Meanwhile, combine the four ingredients and mix well in a dish. You can add pepper and salt as seasonings.
- Apply a coat of seasoned flour on each side of the pork chop. Ensure you coat well.
- Now fry the chop, ensure you fry well on both sides. Fry one side for 4 minutes and another side for 5 minutes. A total of 9 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Place each pork chop on a wire rack or a plate with a paper towel and let it rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Easy Steps To Making Southern Fried Pork Chops
Today I will share my secrets with you all on how to make southern fried pork chops juicy, crunchy and delicious. Don’t worry, it won’t take much time of yours. You can do it in easy steps.
- In the first step, add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper into the flour.
- Coat the pork chops with pepper and seasoned salt to make your chops crunchy.
- While frying the chops, heat the oil over medium heat. After frying add butter and let it melt. Fry till chops turn a golden brown color.
Guide On: Gordon Ramsay’s Recipes Pork Chops
How Long Do You Pan-Fry Pork Chops?
If you fry chops for a long time it would be overcooked or else it would be sofy sofy if you fry it for less time. Then how long should we fry pork chops? Here is what you have to ensure-
- Once oil warms up, put seasoned chops and fry for 4 minutes. Then flip the side and fry for minutes. Ensure you fry pork chops for 9 minutes.
- Take time depending on the thickness of the pork chops. We suggested a time for 1/2 inch thick pork chops.
Top Tips For The Best Southern Fried Pork Chops
I understand your urge to have yummy and crunchy southern fried pork chops. But sometimes we tend to make a few mistakes. So I am sharing the tips that worked best for me so that you can prepare yummy, crunch, and tasty fried pork chops.
- You can go for both bone-in and boneless chops. But we prefer bone-in chops as they are nice and tasty. Boneless pork chops can be a little easier to eat. Just don’t overcook, as they can tend to dry out a little easier.
- Before cooking let them sit at room temperature for a bit. Bringing them to room temperature will allow them to cook evenly.
- Go for fresh pork which is pink in color. If it is grey then it is not fresh and delicious.
- Before you place chops in the pan, ensure your butter and oil are warm. Then only your chops will be crunchy and delicious.
- Ensure you will not put too many chops in the pan, and avoid overloading. Let chops get fried in an even space, then you can have crunchy and delicious pork chops.
- After frying, dry the pork chops on a paper towel. It allows you to remove the excess oil and allows chops to rest resulting in juicy chops.
- It is advisable to use a cast iron skillet for the dish. It is good for heat distribution and is easy to clean as well.
Make-Ahead And Storage
if you are planning to store your southern fried pork chops for your dinner or midnight cravings, here are some aspects you need to take care of.
- You can take over the leftover fried pork chops in an airtight container or you can wrap them in foil and place them in the fridge. You can store it for 3 to 4 days.
- If you want to reheat and wish to have hot and crunchy chops, then the best way to reheat them is by placing them in the oven. Coat butter or oil over fried pork chops and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. reheat at 350° for 5 to 8 minutes or so on each side, depending on the thickness of the chops.
- Before frying the pork chops, allow them to sit at room temperature in the buttermilk brine for at least 20 minutes. If they’re too cold, they won’t cook evenly.
- You can try pork chops with lemon and hot sauce. Sounds yummy right, then try it out.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do you soak pork chops in milk?
Marinating chops in the milk is a good practice. milk helps to tenderize the meat and also adds a bit of flavor.
2. How do you get the perfect crust on pork chops?
To get the perfect crust on pork chops, use baking soda in the mix. Apply seasoned salt and black pepper coat on chops.
3. Is it better to cook pork chops in butter or oil?
It is advisable to go with butter if you wish to have crunchy, juicy, and delicious pork chops. Butter helps to melt down easily. You can use peanut or vegetable oil as well.