Pulled pork mac and cheese tastes rich and creamy with tender, delectable pulled pork. Cheddar, mozzarella, and jack are traditional macaroni and cheeses that go perfectly with the pulled pork’s sweet, tangy barbecue sauce.
The mac and cheese come out incredibly creamy, and when pulled pork is added, it forms a complete one-dish meal.
Any time of the year, pulled pork and rich, creamy mac & cheese are a marriage made in culinary heaven. Bring this mac & cheese with pulled pork to your upcoming barbeque or potluck.
It’s a fantastic choice for gatherings, family feasts, or freezer meals. A perfect complement to your barbecues or potlucks this summer.
Read More: Can You Make Birria Tacos With Pork?
How To Make Pulled Pork Mac And Cheese
Despite being simple to prepare, this recipe does require multiple pans. Make your own cheese sauce while the macaroni is cooking, which you must do first:
Produce The Cheese Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons of butter should be melted in a small pot. Blend after adding the flour, salt, and sugar.
- While stirring continuously, gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil, then cook and whisk the mixture for 2 minutes, or until it has thickened. Put the heat on low.
- Once the Velveeta cheese has melted, add it in. Stir until melted 1 cup cheddar cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese.
Get The Pork Ready:
- The pulled pork leftovers from this dish are ideal. This can be slow-cooked shredded pork or smoked pork (look at that great flavor.
- About 4 quarts of shredded pork are required. The casserole will be rather full if you use more than 4 cups, so you might want to cook it in a larger pan.
- Add roughly 1-4 cups of your preferred barbecue sauce to the shredded pork. Although we like our own barbecue sauce, you can use anybody you choose.
Build And Bake:
- Put the macaroni in a greased 9×13 baking pan after draining it.
- Over the macaroni, pour the cheese mixture.
- Spread the macaroni and cheese with the pulled pork equally.
- Add the last sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes with the lid off, then bake for another 20 minutes, or until heated all the way through.
What Goes With Pulled Pork Mac And Cheese?
Try to turn this into a whole meal with some of our preferred side dishes listed below:
- Dinner rolls made with sourdough
- fruit salad
- bean soup
- baked potatoes
- green beans with butter
- sliced baked potatoes
Look at these key points if you need variations in the recipes:
- If you need it prepared immediately, for an extremely quick dish, use premade, microwaveable macaroni and cheese. Just add to the casserole dish as directed by the instructions, then spoon the pork on top.
- If you dislike barbeque sauce, avoid it. Simply combine the meat with the cheese macaroni before baking.
- If you are trying to find low carb, you can substitute chopped cauliflower for the elbow macaroni.
- If you need gluten-free products, use gluten-free all-purpose flour and gluten-free pasta or chickpea pasta.
- Regarding the cheese sauce, use more cheddar cheese if Velveeta isn’t what you want to use.
- Please be aware that the flavor of the casserole will depend on the brand of barbecue sauce you use. Make careful to pick a barbecue sauce you enjoy.
- By warming the barbecued pork mixture before spooning it on top, you can shorten the baking time.
- In this manner, the macaroni and cheese won’t have cold pork added to it, lengthening the baking time.
1. What cheese goes well with pulled pork?
- Mozzarella Cheese.
- Monterey Jack Cheese or Pepper Jack.
- Gouda Cheese.
2. What is the best cheese for mac and cheese?
The best cheese for mac and cheese:
3. How does Gordon Ramsay make mac and cheese?
Mac and cheese- Gordon Ramsay is a simple and quick meal. The dish doesn’t require you to make the roux. Instead, you may simply combine everything, give it a quick mix, and the dish will be done in no time. Just follow the recipe whenever you make it.