If you’re longing for the renowned Steamed Pork Rice (Ala Dimsum Break). You can now prepare it in the convenience of your own home. The sauce is extremely delicious and flavorful!
- 1 pound of pork belly diced into three-quarter-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 grain of black pepper ground
For Pork And Shrimp Stew:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic mince
- 12 teaspoons of fried shallots (Optional)
- 3 gallons water
- 1 tablespoon or to taste light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 14-pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3 teaspoons of water
- 2 teaspoons frozen green peas
For Garlic Fried Rice:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of chopped garlic
- 2 cups chilled, cooked jasmine rice, or more to taste
- 1 milligram of oyster sauce
- 1 milligram of light soy sauce
- 3 drops of sesame oil, or to taste
Read More: Winter Melon And Pork Rib Soup
Steps To Make It
- Add a pork belly bowl with cooking wine, oyster sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of twenty minutes.
- In a pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots; heat and stir for approximately 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the pork and cook until browned, approximately 6 minutes. Add water, light, and dark soy sauce to the pan. Cover and bring the stew to a boil with a lid. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes until meat is tender and liquid has been reduced by half.
- Cut shrimp into three-quarter-inch pieces. Combine cornstarch and water in a bowl.
- Bring the sauce to a boil. Cook the shrimp and peas for approximately 2 minutes, or until the shrimp changes color. Rapidly incorporate the cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the gravy thickens.
- In a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Turn the heat up to high. Add rice and simmer, breaking it up with a spatula, for 3 to 5 minutes, until loose. Combine oyster sauce with soy sauce. Cook and stir the rice for three minutes, or until it is fluffy and well warm. Add remaining sesame oil.
- Divide the fried rice among three or four bowls. Serve the pork and shrimp stew over rice in equal portions.
Use any pork cut you prefer, especially one with good lean meat and some fat, like collar butt. If desired, white pepper powder may be used for black pepper.
You may replace the black soy sauce with a pinch of sugar. It is essential not to overseason the rice since you do not want the rice flavor to overshadow the stew; overseasoning might also make this dish overly salty.
Per Serving: 466 calories; 21.6g protein; 33.8g carbs; 26.2g fat; 83.9mg cholesterol; 1312.3mg sodium
How Long Can Cooked Pork Sit Out?
Is Brisket Beef or Pork?
shake n bake pork chops in air fryer