Pork Banh Mi Lettuce Wraps can be the perfect light lunch or dinner! It is filled with Spicy pork, pickled veggies, and fresh herbs wrapped up in crisp butter lettuce.
With that being mentioned, Pork Banh Mi Lettuce Wraps are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a Vietnamese sandwich.
Moreover, this wrap is quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious Vietnamese sandwich without the bread.
Pork Banh Mi Lettuce Wraps
And talking about serving it in lunch and dinner, the scrumptious wraps can be prepared in no time as it is all about marination in advance.
The pork is marinated in delicious soy, garlic, and lime juice mixture, then grilled until it is crispy and juicy.
The lettuce is simply wrapped around the pork, then sealed with a layer of mayo and Sriracha sauce. And now, these wraps are perfect for a summer lunch or snack.
For the pork:
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- For the lettuce wraps:
- 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup cucumber, julienned
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup Vietnamese mayo
- For the Pork Banh Mi Lettuce Wraps, start by mixing the pork, soy, garlic, and fish sauce in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lime, and honey.
- Make the pickled vegetables: Combine the carrot, daikon, jalapeño, and salt in a large bowl. Add the vinegar and toss to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Drain off any excess vinegar before using.
- Next, put the pork mixture into 12-16 lettuce wraps. You can either put them all in one bowl and mix everything together, or you can divide it up among the wraps.
- Prepare the pork: In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Add the pork and toss to coat. Let sit for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Make the Sriracha mayo: Combine the mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Prepare the lettuce: Separate the lettuce leaves and carefully remove the thick spine from each leaf. Set aside.
- Cook the pork: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through about 4 minutes. Remove the pork from the skillet and set it aside on a plate.
- Assemble the wraps: Place a lettuce leaf on each plate. Top with pork, pickled vegetables, cilantro, and Sriracha mayo. Finally, roll up the wraps and cut them into six or eight pieces. Serve immediately.
Guide On: How Much Pulled Pork Per Person
Pork Banh Mi Lettuce Wraps recipe tips
- Start with a good quality pork belly. If you are using store-bought rotisserie pork, try to get one that is bone-in. This will give your banh mi a more tender and juicy texture.
- Assemble your banh mi ingredients before you start cooking the pork. This will help to ensure that everything is prepped and ready to go when the pork is finished.
Nutritional Facts Pork Banh Mi Lettuce Wraps
- Serving Size: 1 Wrap
- Calories: 201
- Protein: 11 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 682 mg
- Potassium: 299 mg
- Vitamin C: 16.9 mg
- Calcium: 45 mg
- Iron: 1.2 mg