Hey Foodies!! Are you looking for a delicious pork chop? Are you tired of roaming all the restaurants, surfing all food websites, and bored with all the lengthy recipes?
Still not able to find yummy pork chops. Don’t worry, We heard you. Here we present how to cook thin pork chops in less time with minimum ingredients.
Pork chips are yummy, tasty, and easy to cook. You can have these thin slices of delicious pork chops for your breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can cook within 10 minutes with available ingredients at your home.
To have a yummy pork chop as a Sunday brunch, you can burn pork at medium heat in a pan, and then you can place it in the oven and heat it over 42 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes.
Alternatively, you can also roast or slow roast your pork chops with a cooking liquid or marinade your chops beforehand.
To know more about the ingredients, best methods, and tips, stay with us throughout the article. Without wasting much time let us start our procedure to cook yummy, thin, and tasty pork chops.
We will also understand why chips get dry and methods to correct them.
Having a rough day at work? Having a rough phase in your relationship? Was it a busy weekend? Do you have a brunch plan with your special one?? do you want a lazy weekend?
Anytime, any plan- you have your perfect, keto, low-carb pork chips. These easy pan-fried pork chops come together lightning quick – they are simple, bursting with flavor, low carb, and make your plan better.
Read More: How Often To Spritz Pork Shoulder
The most interesting part is you can have these keto, low-carb chips within 20 minutes.
Let us not wait any more, take a look at the ingredients required for these yummy, low-carb, and thin pork chops.
- Thin-cut pork chops: our main motive is to prepare thin pork chips around 1/4 or 1/8 inch thick. Thin-cut pork chops cook quickly, defrost fast, and are incredibly delicious. We recommend chopping pork thin so that it would not dry out easily.
- Olive oil: Since we are not doing any deep fry, olive oil is usable. Here we are just cooking thin chips, olive oil’s low heating point suits this recipe.
- Italian herbs, or cajun spices( or herbs that you love): the best part is you can customize the dish the way you need. So you can try different species, herbs, or seasons that you wish to try, but ensure they blend well.
- Salt and Pepper: if you have missed salt and pepper in your blend, it is advisable to add salt and fresh pepper.
- Marinate: first add pork chops to the bowl, add olive oil, and spread it across the bowl. Add herbs, and seasons and make a coat on chops. You can choose to marinate for one hour or overnight.
- Pan fry: while heating a heavy and large skillet on medium heat. Add pork chops to the pan, and fry it till it gets brown somewhere around 4 minutes on each side. When pork chops are well browned and firm to the touch, they are cooked. If the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit and the pink is gone, the pork is cooked.
- Allow pork to rest for 10 minutes before you serve.
How To Pan Fry Pork Chops
Pork chops are prone to overcook sometimes because of the lean cut. So here we suggest the best way to pan-fry pork chops to forget about dry and tough chops. follow the below steps to make moist pork chops.
- Before cooking, take chops from the fridge at least 15 to 20 minutes before.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in the bowl.
- Rub chops with olive oil and seasonings.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Allow the pan to get heat, and add oil and chops.
- Depending on the thickness, cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Flip chops every minute.
- Before serving allow chops to rest on the plate for at least 5 minutes.
Why Do Pork Chops Dry Out?
Usually, when pork chops are overcooked they dry out. Pork chops usually have very little to no fat on the cut itself, meaning there is nothing to help add and retain moisture in the meat.
- When pork chops are cooked, the protein fibers contract, and moisture comes out. The key is to control the exact amount of moisture that is being pushed out while also making sure the entire chop is fully cooked.
- Thin pork chips are usually 1cm in thickness whereas thick pork chops are 3.8cm in thickness. A thicker cut will allow you to completely cook the chop without overcooking it and losing too much moisture. On the other hand, thin chops lose moisture quickly and eave you with an unappealing dry and bland chop.
How To Cook Thin Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out
To retain moisture, we have effective tips for you.
- Buy Good Quality Chops
In the first step, buy good quality chops somewhere around 3.8cm in thickness. Or else you can also go for double chops which are a combination of two thin chops. You can also go for chops with the bone inside.
The meat itself should also have some marbling (fat) and be a nice bright pinkish-red color. The meat adds moisture and flavor to conduct the meat.
- Use A Marinade
Next, you can add liquid preferably marinade to the chops. The marinade helps you to retain moisture and add some flavor. You can use some acids as marinades like lemon or vinegar, some seasons, and oil. You can go for avocado oil or peanut oil.
- Dry At Room Temperature
After marinating, take out pork chops from the fridge, remove liquid and bring back chops to room temperature. Take chops right before you cook.
Whenever meat is cold, if you cook it in the pan, there will be excess moisture loss. Hence dry out at room temperature.
- Burn Roasted Cooking Method
We suggest this method to keep your chops juicy. Burn the sides and edges of the pork over medium heat and then cook in the oven. By searing the sides first, you’ll introduce a delicious crust to the pork chop and help build some deep caramelized flavors.
- Add Cooking Liquids
Add some liquids to retain the moisture. You can use a savory and meaty basting sauce, some broth, or stock.
- Test The Temperature
This is one of the best methods you can use to prevent drying out your pork chop. Have a good thermometer.
With pork specifically, the internal temperature at the thickest part of the chop should reach 145°F. This is when the pork has been cooked enough to be safe to consume but still has not been overcooked.
How Long To Cook Thin Pork Chops
If you are wondering how long to cook, a lot of factors influence. The first aspect is the thickness of the chop. Next, your cooking method and the temperature at which you are cooking. You can follow the below guideline.
|Slow Roasting (with liquid)
Usually, we recommend you fry pork chops at medium heat. Medium heat refers to 375°F. now we have a table which lists the cooking time. The total time should include the time of both sides.
For example, if the total time is 8 minutes, you have to fry chops on each side for 4 minutes.
|Pork Chop Thickness
|Pan Frying Time
|¾ inch (1.9cm)
|1 inch (2.5cm)
|1 ¼ inch (3.2cm)
|1 ½ inch (3.8cm)
How To Cook Thin Pork Chops In The Oven
There are three ways to sear the chops in the oven.
- Sear First And Then Roast To Cook
In this method, heat the pan and add some oil. Place chops and fry for 1-2 minutes till it gets golden brown.
Place the browned chops in a lined baking tray and bake them at 425°F for roughly 5-7 minutes. Test the temperature till 145°F.
- Roast With Liquid
To roast chops, estimate the time from the table, and season the chops.
How To Cook Thin Pork Chops On The Stove
While cooking chops on the stove, set them at high temperatures.
- Pre-heat the pan
- Add chops and oil.
- Add the seasons, and fry the chops on both sides.
- Make sure to test the internal temperature and allow your chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving them warm.
- It is recommended to cook chops at medium heat.
- Ensure you buy a slice of good quality meat.
- It is advisable to marinate for a few hours or overnight to retain moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long do I cook 1/4 inch pork chops?
It is advisable to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Fry chops on both sides till it gets golden brown.
2. How long does it take to bake thin pork chops at 350?
Baking pork chops with 1-inch thickness at 350 F takes 25-30 minutes. However, if you are cooking thinner pork chops, the duration may be about 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Should pork chops be baked covered or uncovered?
I would suggest braising the chops covered at 225.