Approximately, it would take 25-45 minutes to bake pork chops in a 350-degree oven. However, the duration basically depends on a variety of factors, e.g., the thickness of chops, if the chops are boneless or whether they are covered with foil.
Baked chops just turn out to be delicious no matter how you cook. But you must gain knowledge about how long to keep it in the oven depending on the type of pork you are cooking.
How Long To Bake Pork Chops At 350
If you are worried about how long to bake pork chops or the ideal temperature to bake them, this article displays all the relevant information and tricks to help you prepare this delicious dish.
All you need to do is follow the sections and further gain a clear idea about baking some juicy pork chops.
CAN YOU BAKE PORK CHOPS AT 350 DEGREES?
350 degrees F is considered to be the most suitable temperature for cooking pork chops. Just rub the pork chops with olive oil and sprinkle some salt and black pepper over them. Now you can also fry them at first and then transfer them to a baking pan.
Having them cooked at 350 degrees F would eventually turn the meats to be juicy and tender with appetising colour.
Also read: What Is Pork Bung, And How To Cook It?
HOW LONG TO BAKE PORK CHOPS AT 350 IN THE OVEN & AIR FRYER
Even though the pork chops can take a total of 20-40 minutes for getting cooked in the oven but the actual duration differs as per the following conditions.
- Thick boneless pork: If you are baking boneless pork chops of 1-inch thickness, then it would get cooked within 25-30 minutes.
- Bone-in pork chops: Bone-in pork chops of 1-inch thickness would usually take 5 minutes longer than the boneless ones. It would be ready by 30-35 minutes at most.
- Covered with aluminium foil (boneless): If you are baking boneless pork chops of 1-inch thickness covered in aluminium foil, it would be cooked within 20-25 minutes.
- Covered with aluminium foil (bone-in): If you are baking bone-in pork chops of 1-inch thickness covered in aluminium foil, it would be done in 25-30 minutes.
However, if you are using an air fryer, the pork chops would be easily cooked within 10-15 minutes. Each side of the chops would approximately take 7-8 minutes.
Before starting, don’t forget to preheat your air fryer at 350 degrees F and then spray oil into the basket. Now place your chops carefully into the basket to finally enjoy the tender mouth-watering chops.
HOW LONG TO BAKE STUFFED PORK CHOPS AT 350
Bone-in and boneless pork chops can be cooked in many ways like boiled, grilled, pan-fried and baked. Out of all of this, stuffed pork chops are always a step ahead of the other dishes.
In general, stuffed pork chops take around 20-25 minutes to get appropriately baked. However, this duration can vary depending on the thickness of the chops, the amount of stuffing and the temperature of the oven.
Stuffed pork chops should be baked until their internal temperature has reached 145 degrees F but you might take them out when they are at 135 since they would continue getting cooked even when they are out of the oven.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK THICK PORK CHOPS AT 350?
If the thickness of pork chops is relatively higher than usual, then you should bake them for at least 30-35 minutes. For example, if the thickness is more than 1 ½ inches, then cook it for 5 more minutes.
In case, the thickness is lesser than 1 inch, then the pork chops would be ready by 20-25 minutes at most.
HOW LONG TO BAKE BREADED PORK CHOPS AT 350
Generally, breaded pork chops take around 30-40 minutes to get evenly cooked. Since the pork chops are coated in an Italian bread crumb mixture, the coating makes the chops take longer for getting baked.
Due to the presence of bread on the pork chops, raising the temperature would be the smarter option. 350 degrees F isn’t really suitable in this case. You should bake the breaded pork chops at 400 degrees F to make sure that the chops are baked appropriately.
Check now: If Pork Is Bad?
HOW LONG TO BAKE SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS AT 350
Smothered pork chops are basically a quintessential southern comfort classic meal consisting of pan-fried pork chops coated in thick and creamy gravy. To make this, the pork chops first need to be seared for 1-2 minutes and should be further baked for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
The key here is the longer you sear, the less time it takes to get baked. You can expect the pork chops to be ready within 30 minutes in general cases.
HOW TO BAKE PORK CHOPS AT 350
To bake pork chops at 350, prepare the following ingredients first.
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- Minced black pepper
- 2 ground garlic cloves
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 tablespoon Maggi sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Now grab a look at the following section to get a detailed idea about the recipe for baked pork chops.
How to Bake Pork Chops at 350ºF
- First, rinse the pork chops thoroughly. Then set the oven ready by preheating it at 350° F (176° C)
- Next, add all the seasoning including salt, pepper, garlic, Maggi sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the pork chops.
- Now rub and mix all the seasoning mixture into the pork chops so that all the flavours are absorbed.
- Now place them on the oven tray and bake them for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
- Know that they are done the moment you notice that the chops have turned brown. Serve the juicy meat with potatoes and rice. Enjoy!
BAKED PORK CHOPS NUTRITION FACTS
- Serving Size: 1 Baked pork chop (200g)
- Calories 454
- Calories from Fat 234
- Fat 26g
- Saturated Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 152mg
- Sodium 692mg
- Potassium 891mg
- Carbohydrates 2g
- Fibre 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 49g
- Vitamin A 565IU
- Calcium 18mg
1. At what temperature should pork chops be cooked?
The pork chops are generally cooked at 300-375°F depending upon the thickness of the pork. If the chops are more than 1inch, then baking them at 350 would be the most suitable option. The inclusion of bones in the meat also plays a major factor. If it is a bone-in pork chop, then the chops must be baked for 5 more minutes than usual.
2. Is it better to fry or boil pork chops?
Before frying, the pork chops need to be boiled. Boiling the chops makes them tender and gains a crispier texture when further fried.
3. Do you roll the chops in the oven?
After placing the chops on a sprayed rimmed baking sheet, make sure the chops are baked until the internal temperatures reach 145°F. Check the temperature after 20 minutes to ensure that they aren’t overcooked.